"TURNING THOSE MS SCARS INTO STARS"

MS, lesions, also known as plaques, are patches of inflammation in the central nervous system in which the nerve cells have been striped of their protective myelin or insulating cover. These demyelinated neurons do not function properly and it is these lesions that give rise to the symptoms of MS.

In relapsing-remitting MS, their is significant recovery as the inflammation dies down. Special maintenance cells called glial cells are responsible for the repair of the damaged nerves. One type of glial cell, called an oligodendrocyte, lays down new myelin and another type, called an astrocyte lays down SCAR tissue.

A STAR is defined as a heavenly body, champion, headliner or a virtuoso. Another definition of a Star is defined as a network whose components are connected to a hub.

My faith in God is my connection and that is how I am "Turning Those MS Scars Into Stars." I am striving to experience the challenge of living with MS as a Blessing, an opportunity to grow in compassion, patience, grace, and love, all of which are blessings - Multiple Blessings Not Multiple Sclerosis!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Feeling Discouraged? Check this out!



MUST READ BOOK



Find the Upside of the Down Times:
How to Turn Your Worst Experiences Into Your Best Opportunities
upside_book_promo_nl
"I enjoyed this book tremendously. It grabbed me from the first chapter and got me to think in ways that have changed my life for the better. We all have different sides of life that we have to deal with, whether having a illness, being a caregiver, or a spouse or corporate employee. Your book touches others in all these areas because you share so many different sides of yourself. I know your book will be a great help to a lot of people. My husband's got to read this."
Paula Joiner, Editor of the MS Lone Star Classifieds
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment